Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sour Dough Bread Success!!


Thanks to Gwen Lund and a little tenacity through the failures, we are now producing some DELICIOUS sourdough bread. We ALL (Max included, amazingly enough) love it. Above is a cinnamon swirl loaf. It was so pretty coming out of the oven, I had to take a picture.

The best part of this bread is the simplicity of making it --no need for a Kitchen Aide or Bosch, just a bowl and spoon, some starter, flour and salt and a little time. We even cook it on our expensive Home Depot Cooking stone...a ceramic tile that cost about $1.

Our next adventure will be sour dough crackers!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I was beginning to wonder where you had gone to! Looks like you have been off having fun with your family and stuff! You look fabulous! I can't wait until the next little Neyman boy arrives! Keep me posted! love ya!

Kari said...

JaNae! I was wondering where you were too! I saw you in church on Mother's day...you probably saw me, who could miss me singing with the kids? lol. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you. Maybe next time when it isn't so crazy. Mother's Day should be more relaxing? Right?

Geoff said...

I was wondering where you have been also. I've missed keeping up with what's going on in our family. It means I have to pay attention in real life. Don't ever fall behind again!!

sixmoores said...

Glad your back!

missy said...

I've been thinking about you lately. You've been BUSY, BUSY!! What great activities you've been involved in, though! From sister's week to canned butter to the dance festival, you've had your hands full. Loved the dancing. Little Max is adorable in the tulip pix. Glad to see you're still going strong.

leilani said...

nae.....love to see all the pictures!!! wish we were still enjoying each others cmpany!!!love ya!