Friday, June 13, 2008

More fun at Rock Island

This weekend our city Eagle kicks off summer festivities with a weekend of fun and games, called Eagle Fun Days. Today, the boys and I went to a car show & bike race. Justin really enjoys looking at all the cars, and I must admit, there were some pretty amazing cars in the show.

We stopped at the grocery store for a snack. I told Justin he could choose any one item in the store for a parade snack. This is what he choose. I guess I can't complain.

Of course Max choose his favorite...blueberries!



Then we spent the rest of the evening at Rock Island. If this is a repeat of our summer 2 years ago, we will be spending a lot of time here. I gave Justin the choice of going to the Carnival or to Rock Island, and he choose the later. It is so fun, and we never want to leave. Max couldn't be more content in life, than right here on the island. We stayed until 8pm tonight.

3 comments:

sixmoores said...

Wise choice...Rock Island sounds way better to me too. Love that you have a special place so close by.

melanie said...

that looks like so much fun! I want a rock island.

kelly Martin said...

JaNae, I am in love with how you describe, and your connection with Rock Island...and Geoff's wondering about Oakleys footprints just sealed it for me....Next Martin family Vacation.......Rock Island, (I don't care, we'll pitch a tent!)