Monday, July 20, 2009

FHE HIGH Adventure Rafting

We had a split FHE tonight...Geoff and Justin went rafting down the Payette River with the Neffingers and Haffens from our ward, and Max and I hung out at home (we couldn't find any maternity life jackets :)

After hearing about their adventure, I probably would have gone into labor had I gone! Two of the adults were thrown out of the raft! It was a wild ride.

We're still trying to convince Justin that not all rafting trips are as "adventurous." It was a good experience for our safe and cautious 8 year old. Thank goodness he loves spending time with his Dad.

2 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

At first I was sad you didn't go with, but after reading the rest I'm sure it was best! How are you feeling?

Geoff said...

And one of the adults was our fearless guide who was thrown 6 feet into the air OVER me and landed 1/2 in the raft and 1/2 in the water... then all in the water through some pretty intense rapids. Good times!