Sunday, August 16, 2009

Noah Glenn Neyman...aka "Jack Jack"

Our baby's name has been anything but certain this week. He has gone from Jack to Brig to Noah and all the way around the circle again. Finally, we've come to a final decision of naming him
Noah Glenn and calling him Jack Jack...
Do you see the connection???

Noah was a name Geoff especially liked. We like the way Noah Neyman sounds, and we like that it is easy to differentiate with Max and Justin.
We also like the symbolism between Noah the prophet who was obedient and faithful to the Lord's command, as we hope in the last days before the coming of the Lord our Noah will also be faithful and obedient.

Glenn is a family name that comes most closely from my brother Russell whose middle name is Glenn (He received the name from my mother's father who was Samuel Glenn).
Noah was born just 3 days after Russell's birthday, so he already shares that special time with Russ. We also thought it appropriate that Russell should have a dashing young man to carry on his name especially since he has never had a son--but three beautiful girls.
But more so, the name Glenn is special because of the kind of person Russell is and the kind of person we hope Noah Glenn to become. Russell is true and stalwart in everything good and right. He has been true to the Gospel of Jesus Christ from the beginning, and is a beautiful example of true discipleship. Russell is wise, and chooses carefully his route in life. He is one of the most genuinely loving people I know! He loves all people, and has an especial love for little children--and they all love him. He is fun, a person that all enjoy spending time with. He has not only been a loving, protective, and supportive brother...he has been one of my best friends, and I (we) love him dearly.

Thanks Russ, for providing us with such a great legacy and reason for carrying on an important name. We love you!

6 comments:

Jo Romero said...

I like it! It sounds great! It goes with him, too! Congrats!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations! I just checked in and saw the picture of this beautiful baby boy!!!! So happy for you guys:)

Carrie Cummings said...

I sent you an email.

Russ said...

I am honored! Thanks for all the nice thoughts. My Girls also thank you. I don't think any of them wanted the name Russell or Glenn.

Jan DeGiulio said...

I love the name! Thanks for the background. JACK?

missy said...

What a beautiful little boy!!! And healthy, too. What a blessing! Congratulations to you and your family. He is adorable and it is obvious that the other 2 are completely smitten with him. I love Jack-Jack as a nickname. Spencer was "gus" in the womb and I wish it would have stuck afterwards. In other news, and as strange as it sounds, I thought of you as I was putting on my deodorant this morning. Have you ever tried Crystal deodorant? I totally think it would be your thing. I know. Weird, huh?