Saturday, May 1, 2010

I want a Testimony!

In Fast and Testimony Meeting today, Max watched intently as a little girl shared her testimony. After she finished, he whispered to Geoff, "I want to have a testimony!"

So for FHE that night we talked about what it means to have a testimony and how you share it. The Lesson began like this:

Mom: What is a testimony?

Max: It is when you stand up and talk into the microphone.

Geoff: (going along with Max's answer) And what do you say?

Max: (Throwing his hands into the air and speaking with much passion) "I come before you in the name of the Lord!!!!"

So there you have it! Just in case any of you want to share your testimony next month in Sacrament Meeting, you now know what to say. Thanks Max!

7 comments:

Maxine said...

He continually comes up with the craziest surprises. WHERE did he come from??? Can you imagine how DULL the pre-mortal world is now without Max there. . . . I can't even imagine how he came up with such a grown-up statement. What a doll!!

sixmoores said...

so sweet

missy said...

Too funny! My Dad always gets a kick out of it when kids stand up and say they want to "bury" their testimony.

izzorch said...

Max is ready. I will anxiously be awaiting his testimony debut next fast Sunday.

melanie said...

oh my goodness! That is so great..

Rebecca said...

so funny!!!! I wish I could be there for his first testimony bearing as well:)

Kris said...

That made me laugh out loud...it is too early in the morning to make that kind of noise.
Max is adorable. Where did he hear that phrase?