Thursday, October 16, 2008

Beans, Beans, Beans!!!

Tonight I taught a class in Enrichment on "The JOY of beans!" It was such a fun class. After covering the basic "how to's", the benefits, and getting over the issue of gas, I gave them some bean samples... Cookies made with beans instead of margarine, a smoothie with beans as a main ingredient, sprouted lentils, and two salads with beans. Everyone was SHOCKED to taste how good everything was. I really enjoy doing things like this--I love trying ignite a little enthusiasm into things that are basic and important and generally avoided.

4 comments:

Mika said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe you could post the recipes for those of us not lucky enough to attend your enrichment night! ;) Hint, hint!

missy said...

Bean cookies? Now this I've gotta try!! Jeff had pinto bean pie on his mission, but bean smoothies is above and beyond. Please share!

missy said...

by the way, if you could only store one kind of bean, which would it be? We have a drypack activity coming up and I'm a little low on our bean storage...

Debra said...

I think you need a recipie page. I would love the cookie and smoothie ones.