Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Geoff!

We have so much fun preparing for birthdays! Justin especially LOVES celebrating birthdays and doesn't forget anything! Happy Birthday banners, balloons, streamers, special meals, cake, cards, special treatment...the whole works--he makes sure it all happens and with style! He is so fun and creative!
And of course Max follows Justin in EVERYTHING he does. Max does NOT miss anything. This is a picture of Justin blowing up a balloon, and Max blowing up his already blown up balloon. He is apart of everything, and such a comedian. Together, they put on quite a show!

This was my favorite decoration--the centerpiece--very clever I thought.

After a wonderful Stake Conference (Geoff being the organist...it didn't take long for them to discover him in this ward and Stake. He really is a naturally talented organist. Everyone loves when Geoff plays!), the boys and I made one of our favorite meals...salmon, mashed potatoes, and brussel sprouts. Then Justin orchestrated another delicious cake. A fun day!

Here you have him, the birthday boy...just as good looking as the day I met him! I LOVE Geoff! I admire Geoff, I may even go as far as to say I adore Geoff. The more time we are together, the more I want to be with him forever. What I love about Geoff, especially at this stage of life...

He is wise. I love that Geoff is able to approach life's difficulties and hardships with a clarity that is so refreshing. He is not rash, and strives to do good in every way. His intents are pure, so he is able to lead our family wisely and carefully as the spirit directs.

I love that Geoff loves to be prepared. He is the emergency preparedness and food storage KING! He an incredible storage in his brain for a little bit of everything--if he doesn't know... he will learn it. He is practical and thrifty. He cares for our family in an amazing way.

I love that he honors his priesthood and magnifies his callings. He is always ever striving to do as he is admonished by his leaders. He listens to, remembers and honors the words of our prophets and the scriptures. He is good through and through.

He is such a great husband. He is first humble and so willing to do whatever is necessary to bring happiness into our relationship. He is kind. He mops the floors and cleans the shower because he knows it is my least favorite thing to do. Geoff is FUN and likes to laugh. I love that.

Geoff is such a great dad...his boys LOVE HIM!

I took these pictures today. But I could pull my camera out at any point when Geoff is home and you would find a picture something like this. He is so good with the boys. I am so grateful he is an involved, loving and supportive father. With Geoff, every event if fun and good. He is such a good example to these boys who WATCH EVERY move he makes!

I love this picture! It expresses every word above!

And here is Max, taking pictures of the action. (He is just so cute!) How can you NOT celebrate such an occasion and such a man!

HaPPY BIRTHDAY GEOFF! We all love you very much!

6 comments:

sixmoores said...

You are home! What a fun birthday party. That trip looks like a lot of fun. It's so great you were able to see his family again....great for the kids too. Miss you.

Mika said...

Happy Birthday Geoff!

It looks like it was a great one, and what a lovely write up from your wife. You must be doing something right! ;)

missy said...

You got a good one! So did I... My Jeff mops the floor and cleans the shower, too. Yippee!!

Kris said...

Happy Birthday Geoff.
I know you are wonderful but I had no idea just HOW wonderful you are. This tribute brings to light things a friend like me would never know without an 'insider's disclosures.

Leslie said...

He is a pretty cool guy. And even cooler because he has a great wife! Love ya! Happy Birthday Geoff!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Geoff - we love and miss you!!