Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A NEWER New Era.

My 'new era' has become a NEWER New Era. In the middle of the week, I miscarried our little baby. It was hard to have Geoff gone for these days, but I gratefully received some devoted and sensitive care from Justin. He knows way too much about this topic for a 7 year old boy...but he saved me, and continues to be my tangible gift from heaven. When I need him, Justin turns into a little man and runs the household. He takes care of Max from changing diapers and getting dressed to reading stories and playing games. I totally trust him, and there is NO WAY I would have made it through this without his love & strength and willingness to help out. I love him dearly!

Getting pregnant and letting go of a pregnancy both take a lot of emotional work/strength and faith. These experiences are so much more intent now considering our circumstance. With that said, I have been once again blessed with an overwhelming spirit of peace. It's in the Lord's hands and I have such a testimony of His goodness and the importance of His timing. I know things happen as they should. Our family has been so blessed!

8 comments:

Carrie Cummings said...

Nae,

I am so sorry to hear your news. Please know you are in our thoughts.
C

sixmoores said...

Love you & think of you often. I don't like this news.

Kari said...

I'm sorry, that makes me sad. I'll be thinking of you.

Mika said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I am grateful to hear that you had your little Justin there to help you through. You are all in our thoughts.

Rebecca said...

I finally got around to reading your blog today and I'm so sad to hear this. Again, your testimony is amazing and I know the Lord will bless you and I pray He continues to bear your burdens and give you peace.

missy said...

It's been way too long since I've been able to catch up on your blog. I am so sorry to hear of your loss last week. I'm grateful you have felt peace as I know how important and comforting that is in difficult times. I can't imagine having to make it through the ups and downs of this life without that peace which passeth all understanding. You continue to be an inspiration to me with your positive attitude and wonderful outlook. I am so grateful!

Joanna said...

You are certainly not strangers to sorrow and this was one more heartbreak. I am so sorry!!! But how fortunate your sweet son was able to comfort you. We love you all so much and want only the best for you!

Alisha said...

I am so sorry. I don't know how I missed this post, but I feel very late is telling you that you will be in our thoughts and prayers. We love you.