Monday, June 22, 2009

The Big "8"

June 22, 2009
Today Justin turned 8 years old

Here is our birthday boy! None of us can believe he is already 8 years old. Justin has grown so big...in every way. He is such a GREAT son to have. I honestly can't imagine running a household without him. He has taken on so many responsibilities, and continues to learn the value of hard work. He is incredibly helpful to me. Justin is very sensitive. He always knows if my day isn't quite right and is so thoughtful to try and make it better for me. He is an AMAZING brother to Max. I would have never guessed that a 5 year spread could produce such a bond between two siblings. But Justin is a great example to Max, an adored playmate, and a valued friend. Justin has such an ability to bring sunshine into our home. One of my favorite things about Justin is his laugh...he has the best laugh, and loves to laugh. Justin is obedient, and really makes good decisions...he knows the right way, and chooses it without a second thought. I love him dearly and can't imagine my life without him in it.

Today, along with the normal tradition of birthday decorations, no chores, choose breakfast and dinner meals, etc., we decided that we must do 8 fun things (of Justin's choosing) before the day ended...and this is what we did...

1. Scooters to the Skate Park
Jusin, Korie, & Marinn

This is the first time Justin has actually scooted at a skate park. I must admit, I was abit nervous to let him and friends loose, but they rode the entire park confidently and without a problem. I was very impressed. We will definitely come back again soon. It was very fun!
2. Picnic at the Park

3. Trip to the Library
(especially the computer games)

4. Art Project
Painting Bird Houses

5. Swimming at the pool

6. Dinner at Costa Vita
Justin gets the same thing every time and loves it...beans and rice!

7. PlayPlace
Justin has wanted to go to the Playplace at McDonalds since we moved to Boise. But since there is NOTHING on their menu that is what I consider edible, we've never gone. We broke down tonight for the sake of the play place and bought the boys ice cream cones. They loved them of course, and loved the play place (especially after the worker cleaned up the pee inside...ewwhh!)

8. A Family Movie
The Tale of Despereaux
We didn't even start the movie until about 9pm, so it was very late when we finished. And really it wasn't that recommendable for kids. But it was fun to end the day on a relaxing note. I was personally very grateful to sit and relax with all my boys.

What a great day of Celebration!
Happy Birthday Justin.

4 comments:

Maxine said...

No wonder I couldn't ever get anyone to answer the phone!!!! What a fun birthday for Justin (and everyone in the family). Congratulations and birthday wishes Justin. We'll see you in a week and a half for that special day of baptism! So proud of you!

Leslie said...

Happy birthday Justin! What a big boy and so sweet. You are such a good mom, JaNae. You have so much love to give and so many wonderful things to teach your boys. I keep checking in to see if the newest little Neyman boy has arrived, but I guess we have a few days to go, huh? We are actually getting a girl this fall! I am so excited about pink! I'll be back to see some photos of the new baby when you post them! love ya!

Joanna said...

If Justin did eight fun things this birthday, and will do nine next year, and ten the following, what's it gonna be like when he turns 65?? Will take a week to get it all in!

Fun to chat with on the phone, Justin - when all the festivities were over!

Kris said...

Eight things! At my age, if I did one thing for each year it would take a year!
You are a fun family. All the ideas were really fun, Justin. You will be a fun daddy someday.
Favorite photo? The one with JaNae's tummy showing a bit. Finally!