Monday, October 4, 2010

Weymouths and Shurtleff Vineyard

On Wednesday, I couldn't get Sister Weymouth and her newborn baby and 9 kids surrounded by mounds of unprocessed grapes--out of my mind. So boys and I went to her house for the day and helped her can over 100 quarts of grape juice. Wow! Quite a day!
Justin and Max had a ball playing in the canyon and tree house, and and and....the world is their backyard...so fun for kids!

I was so inspired by working with Tammy Weymouth, that the boys and I (and Becky Menlove) drove to Payette the very next day and picked over 6 bins of grapes.
That very night (thanks to the help of the Menloves & Weymouth's juicers) we canned 114 Quarts of grapejuice. We had 4 juicers going at once--two inside and two outside. It was gorgeous outside, and really quite fun to can.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Wow, 214 quarts of juice in 2 days!! I'd say you deserve at least one day off to kick up your feet and relax (or to clean off the "purple" on everything) I'm proud of you, you will be grateful all winter when you open up one of those bottles. Such blessings!