Monday, February 8, 2010

Max's Birthday party

It's the birthday boy! This morning we asked Max, "How old are you, Max?" He turned to Justin and asked, "Am I three years old?" Justin confirmed his answer, and he proudly turned back to us and said, "THREE YEARS OLD!"

I asked what he wanted to have for breakfast, and with out hardly a moment to think about it, he replied, "Salmon, couscous, eggs, and grapenuts." Hmmm. So we ate a little bowl of Grapenuts, french toast and a grapefruit. I think he was happy with that serving, except when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday dinner, he said, "Nothing."

When ever we would say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX," Max would respond, "You're Welcome!" What a guy.

For his party, we invited the Orchards over to join us. We love these guys. Our kids love each other, and Annie and Danny have been good friends!

We played some games: Try and get the popcorn into Daddy's mouth...


and a little Balloon Volley Ball. Then we opened gifts.Justin made Max some really special gifts... Bean bags (which he sewed and designed all by himself...amazing work!)

and a pencil holder. (I'm hoping he'll make me one for my birthday too!)
Then of course we had the cake... kind of. It wasn't really a cake, but something like a rice crispy treat. Can you guess what it is suppose to be? Good luck!Happy Birthday Max... We love you.

1 comment:

Maxine said...

Looks KINDA like a turle to me! Did Max design and make it? What a fun party you had Max, Happy birthday to a sweet 3 yr old! Love you.