Sunday, August 3, 2008

Justin's Celestial Kingdom

I ran into Justin's Primary Teacher in the washroom today. She told me she was very amazed with Justin last week. Her teaching partner is going back to school (moving away) and wanted to bring the kids a treat. She went around the circle and asked each child what they would want. Most responded with requests like cotton candy, candy bars, etc. When she got to Justin, he replied, "We're not really a sugar-eating family. Can I have an apple?" She told me she has a new resolve to eat better because of his example.

Justin is such a good example to us all. He is strong, and loves to do what he knows to be good and right.

Well in primary class today they were asked to draw a picture of the Celestial Kingdom. This is what Justin drew. When I asked him about it he said,
"This is what the Celestial Kingdom is going to be like...loaded with colorful and delicious candy that is made with good ingredients so you can eat anything you want whenever you like."

6 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

Justin is such a great example & special kid.

Geoff's dancing video is awesome. What doesn't he do?

Geoff said...

Oh my word!

Carrie Cummings said...

So very funny!

Mika said...

That is so very cute!

Kari said...

Good job Geoff. It surprised me when I saw Aimee too! Wow, that was weird. Good dancing guys. I haven't done stuff like that forever. I really miss it!

Joanna said...

Where on earth did you find this film? I remember that day - fun! And Justin, I am thrilled to think there are such sweets ahead. Makes me want to strive harder. . .