Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

I stayed up till 2am crying my eyeballs out as I finished the book, Les Miserables. I've been reading this book for 3 months now and it has had a strong impact on me! I think I will try and read the first section about the Bishop every year. He is my hero. I feel more gratitude for life and have a greater desire to BE the kind of person Jean Valjean inspires you to be, ... more like Jesus Christ.

I also absolutely adored the little gumin, Garavoche, who is also my hero. I want to reread the book just to adore his character again.

Who can go through life without reading this book?????

3 comments:

Rebecca said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebecca said...

i need to try reading this again. I read about the first 3rd when I was in college but didn't have enough time or patience to get through it will all the studying I was supposed to be doing. I think I'd enjoy it much more now.

Mika said...

i need to read the book... this time i will read it in english though! :) last time i tried to read it was for french class, in french.

i adore the play.