Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Humanitarian Quilt

Here's our first Paramount ward --almost completed-- quilt for donation to the LDS Humanitarian Center. A lady in our ward helped me piece it together (or rather I helped her), and then some sisters stayed after an Enrichment evening of Relief Society and tied it.

I am simply amazed now, after going through this process, at the MILLIONS of quilts that are lovingly made and donated to the Humanitarian Center and then distributed throughout the world. ONE little quilt takes so much time and effort. It is a miracle to me that so many are donated.

I love my calling, and am anxious to develop the skills that will allow me to be of more service.

2 comments:

Maxine said...

This quilt is gorgeous and looks so warm. What is on the other side? good job!

Kari said...

That is a beautiful quilt. Great job!