Saturday, February 7, 2009

Max's Birthday Celebration

Today was Max's day. He got what ever he wanted! So after waking up at 6am, we watched Charlotte's Web and ate Rice Crispies with Ricemilk. When Justin awoke and joined the celebration, we all dressed in Red (Max's favorite color), and had breakfast #2 (One of Max's favorites in the morning): French Toast with grapefruit. Max will be an accomplished cook by age 5...I don't make ANYTHING without his assistance!
Then we were off to the store to let Max help pick out his present--3 goldfish. He loves fish, so Geoff rummaged through our storage facility to find our old tank, while the boys and I went to Walmart for the big purchase :).

Max loves his gift and admires his friends often. The boys named the fish...Gold, Silver Presant, and Sucker and they of course know which name belongs with which fish!!!

Justin also bought Max a race car set which ALL the boys enjoy playing with! Hmm. Very clever gift!
For lunch we had bow tie noodles with cheese (Max's absolute favorite lunch) and then ate his favorite dinner...salmon, scalloped potatoes, and green beens. You may have guessed that it was the salmon he devoured first!

We had his birthday cake topped with strawberries and with what Geoff and Justin call "REAL" ice cream...the stuff you buy at the store with milk and sugar instead of home made yogurt, fruit and honey. It was Max's first experience with "REAL" ice cream and much to my dismay, he LOVED it. I'm afraid that tonight, my homemade ice cream lost all its charm!

This was such a fun day. I love the idea of celebrating birthdays.

3 comments:

Maxine said...

Happy Birthday sweet Max. Doesn't seem possible that it was 2 years ago I was there to witness your entrance into this crazy world and your wonderful family. You have been blessed along with them!!

Love you lots, Grandma

Geoff said...

It doesn't have to be Max's Bday to get what he wants! I guess that would be my fault.

Kris said...

OK! I read all the posts that I have missed lately.
Happy Birthday to Max! @ years old. Isn't that amazing. Now he is entering my favorite 5 year period of ages 2-6...Oh sure all the years are wonderful. But, I love these because the ability to talk is really developing and the way little one's express themselves is tooos precious and surprising and adoring. Oh, I love it! Enjoy.