Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Bum week

Justin did us the service of posing for all four of us...as at one point or the other we were all sick this week with cough, sore throat, sinus....etc.

I am discovering that in our families we have sickness tendencies...for instance, when Justin gets sick, he is prone to coughing, Geoff to sore throats, and I to sinus congestion. So I made a wonderful discovery with this last bout of sinus congestion. Of course, since Mom's aren't really allowed "down" time, I was needing to find a good remedy for my aching head, sore teeth, and eyes that would pop out at any given point due to the pressure in my head.

I read on line that the best cure for sinus congestion was to take 2 TB spoons of Apple Cider Vinegar in a cup of water and swallow it quickly. Amazingly enough, it worked! Almost immediately I felt the pressure and aches and pains leave, and that night I slept like a baby! I love little natural secrets like this that make life so much more bearable!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Can you believe it! I have been taking apple cider vinegar since December--Every day. I can tell it has helped immensely with my help. It staved a cold/sore throat for me and for Craig. Amazing.