Wednesday, January 7, 2009

All aboard!

Today, we focused OUR chores in the Kitchen. I hadn't mopped for years so figured it was a good place to start. I asked Justin to takes the chairs to the living room. When I heard Justin call "All aboard!" I peeked in to see what was happening. Justin had set the chairs up like a train. Why don't I ever think of things like this???? Another morning of chores made fun!

We rode the train to every destination throughout the day.

Justin and Max both really enjoyed mopping, although Justin's mopping was more help than disaster. But Max ALWAYS follows EXACTLY as Justin demonstrates! I need to invest in some mini work tools!

The really fun part was drying and buffing the floors. So much for keeping the wash down!

Needless to say, I am really enjoying our mornings together, and I also am enjoying an unusually clean home.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Ohhhh, this is such a contrast to my mornings. I have got to adopt this routine. This is the way to do it. Instead, we wake up way too late and I am rushing my kids off to school and using a not nice voice and it is just stressful. I resolved to change things, but I always fall back into the old bad routine. Thanks for the inspiriation to do better! I hope you are feeling better these days! You have to let me know if you are getting a girl this time!

missy said...

I remember making a train out of the chairs whenever my Mom scrubbed the kitchen floor. So fun!

Joanna said...

This is how people polished floors in the Philippines, only they used coconut halves!