Thursday, January 22, 2009

My new FAVORITE BOOK

Nancy Moore gave this book--The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane--to our family for Christmas. We read a chapter or two every night until we got about 2/3 done, and then couldn't put it down! Not only could we not put it down, but I could NOT stop crying the entire last 1/3. It is so difficult to read a book aloud (to a boy) while you are crying!

This book is amazing, and my new FAVORITE BOOK! The story of a rabbit who learns to hope and love. It hit so close to home for me. I absolutely loved it. Everyone should read it, and read it again to their children/ grandchildren.

Thanks Nancy!

6 comments:

Carrie Cummings said...

This is one of my favorite stories as well.

sixmoores said...

I knew you would love it.

missy said...

Oh, we love this book! One of my favorite quotes is, "If you have no intention of loving or being loved, then the whole journey is pointless."

Jan DeGiulio said...

How did you know I needed a good book to read. THANKS! I look forward to reading it. - Jan

Leslie said...

We are listening to the Tale of Despereaux on CD also by Kate DiCamillo and I am loving her style. It is so touching. I will look for this book too. Thanks for the recommendation.

Kris said...

Thanks for the suggestion!