Monday, January 12, 2009

We have a baby!

Today we met with Rose and Ian Penwell, who may possibly be our midwife team for this pregnancy. The wonderful thing about their visit, is they pulled out their doppler, and we heard for the first time our baby's heartbeat...healthy and strong!

It was really quite a miraculous moment for both Geoff and I as we both had somewhat talked ourselves out of expecting to hear the heartbeat. We were so pleasantly surprised...to say the least. We celebrated all day.

We really do have a baby on the way!
Estimated due date: July 27th

6 comments:

Alisha said...

I am so excited for you! It will be so great to have babies at the same time :). Sounds like they will only be about 1 month apart!

missy said...

I always loved hearing the baby's heartbeat during pregnancy. That sound always brought tears to my eyes -- and I'm tearing up now just thinking about it! Is there a more reassuring sound? Another of my pregnancy favorites is feeling the baby move. I used to lay in bed at night with my hands on my belly and my eyes closed, completely focused on the little butterfly flutters, and later the boxing match, within. I miss that!!

Kari said...

I know how good that is the hear. Good luck! I'm very jealous.

Kris said...

WHOOPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
What a fortunate little baby to come to your family.

Joanna said...

Justin told me you all had a surprise - that you heard the baby's heartbeat! This is the most wonderful news!!

Carrie Cummings said...

COngrats Nae!!!