Monday, January 21, 2008

Justin's first job

Justin decided that he wants to have a job earning money so he can buy an electric train. He told me he wants to start a lawn care business. In the summer he wants to cut lawns with a lawn mower like Nanna's, and in the winter he will shovel driveways. Well would you believe it snowed last night. Before advertising his business, I thought we'd give ONE driveway a try.

Ironically enough, he chose the biggest driveway on the block. We agreed that we would just shovel it for free, so people would see what a good job he does. So we bundled up Max, Justin & myself, and headed over. After a few minutes of shoveling, our neighbor Karen came out, and thanked us for shoveling her driveway. I told her about Justin's career plans, and that she was the lucky recipient of a free 'shovelin'.

I must say I was VERY IMPRESSED with Justin's determination to do a good job. He shoveled hard, and kept at it until the driveway was clear. When he finished, Karen 'tipped' him $10. WOW!! She also asked if Justin would be interested in always shoveling her walks. He was so excited, and is hopeful for a prosperous career.


2 comments:

sixmoores said...

Yeah! Your blogging. I am thrilled!

Kris said...

Justin,
What a good worker you are. I wish that I needed my driveway shoveled so you could come over and do it for me.
Oops! That would mean that I would have to live in the snow! I take it back.