Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An quiet evening at the Eagle library...not!

We all love going to the library for different reasons. Justin and I love to go and do what most people do when they go to the library--look at and read books. Most always, Justin is able to go and enjoy. He especially enjoys the Magic School Bus Series.
Me on the other hand, will type a few words in the computer for a book search, then stop and go get Max who is attacking some innocent little girl. Come back, type in the rest of my search, and go retrieve Max who is now kicking the library blocks around like a soccer ball. I try to memorize the location of the book I'm trying to find while Max wiggles and squirms frantically. I find the 300's for a Titanic narrative for Justin, and wait...where is Max?? Wow, he almost made it outside! Back to the 300's to find 392.1. I almost find the .1 when I hear, "Oh, how cute...I wonder if he's our new volunteer!" Max is behind the library check out desk. Go get Max, and finally I find the Titanic book. But wait, where did Max go? Of course, he's eating the soil out of one the the plants, Yum! And there you have it, the first 10 minutes of my library visit. We stayed for over an hour. The story doesn't change much, it's just 50 minutes more of Justin enjoying his books and me chasing Max.

This is a picture of the reading bears they have in our library. Justin will read there, and Max tries to pull thier eyes out.

No comments: