Monday, July 28, 2008

10-year Anniversary Month of Celebration Begins!

This coming August, Geoff and I will celebrate 10 years together. Originally, we thought we would celebrate this event on some exotic island together, but since neither of us can leave Max and Justin for longer than a day, and since we're not exactly growing money on our rental tree out back, we thought we would celebrate here at home instead. We will celebrate all month long, with gifts from the heart (in Geoff's language that means "free") gifts mean something important to each other.

So my first gift to Geoff is to get back on an effective exercise program. When the occasion permits, I want to be able to climb one of those 14,000 feet mountains with him (which He REALLY WISHES I could do). Geoff volunteered to be my trainer, and so it ends up that we work out together from 6-7 in the morning. Geoff is also returning the same gift to me.

This morning was fun! I must say, however, Geoff has no mercy! He is bound to have me doing REAL MAN push-ups before the month is over. I'm in for a lot of hard work, and going to my absolute limit.

4 comments:

kelly Martin said...

Geez, when did real push ups get so dang hard!!!

Jo Romero said...

Way to go! You all are too cute! and Justin's Oakley explanation is to good for words to even say how adorable! We are so blessed! Thanks for blogging! I love to see all the ins and outs of your life!

Maxine said...

Sounds like a month of torture!! "True Love" sure gets us in trouble......
Doesn't hardly seem very fair because Geoff is already in shape and will still expect you to keep up with him. Tell him to be "gentle" with you....you are important to me and I want you to still have the strength to telephone and blog!!

Rebecca said...

I would love to do this with Todd. Even though I habitually work out far more than he...I'm afraid he'd still kick my butt should we ever work together!