Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I'm in LOVE!

Geoff and I made a goal to cycle through our food storage dried beans better this year. After a bit of research, we decided to purchase this electric pressure cooker. I tried it for the first time tonight, and i am IN LOVE! It took me only one pan (the pressure cooker) and 20 minutes to make split pea soup, rather than the 3 pans and 3 hours it normally takes to cook this recipe. The texture was perfect, and was completed on a timer. I am so excited to use this more and really become an expert bean and grain cooker. HURRAY!

3 comments:

Maxine said...

Looks and sounds like a great investment. I need to use my pressure cooker more (even though its not electric and fancy) It does cut down on lots of time!

sixmoores said...

That sounds great. I love my regular one, so I can only imagine how nice that is.

kelly Martin said...

I've never pressure cooked anything, and I want to add more beans to our diet! Good idea!