Monday, July 21, 2008

Signs of Max

After putting Max down for a nap, I came downstairs and saw so many "evidences" that Mas was there. All of the following pictures are completely unstaged--and quite normal occurances in our household many times throughout each day.
Max love my wheat grinder and loves to open the lid and lick the powder left in the hopper. Of course, he ALWAYS leaves an obvious trail!

Justin keeps a bin in his bedroom of all the paper airplanes he makes throughout the year. Max loves to get in that bin and fly Justin's airplanes, so I am ALWAYS picking up paper airplanes. Last night, the boys had a paper airplane "war" with Geoff. They tried to fly all the planes in the bedroom before Geoff could fly them back out. Quite funny to watch.

Max loves to get into my bathroom drawer and arrange my fingernail polish on our bath tub. It's funny, because I don't use polish much these days, but at least Max has something to entertain him while I get ready in the morning.

Yes, Max is in the "Shoe Stage"... I find shoes EVERYWHERE in our house, and usually in the most unsuspecting places. His favorites are the tub and the trash can.

These beans I actually put outside in a container for Max and Justin to play with, with their tractors. These days, there is not much that stays as it should.

Here is Justin's Math cubes, scattered on the floor and in his homework bowl. Lately, this has been one of Max's favorite activities. My job is to put them back together in time for him to disassemble and scatter them again.

This may seem a nightmare to some--certainly to the mom who hopes for a clean and orderly home. We have no hope here and so we don't even try. Maybe in about 2 more years. Max is so adorable, it's fun to watch him explore.

1 comment:

missy said...

A good reminder to not sweat the small stuff. Thanks! We are actually in Idaho on a spur-of-the-moment vacation. The entire Stowell clan is here! So we decided to make the dreaded drive to join them. Wish Meridian wasn't hours away. I love your posts. What a fun Mom you are. An inspiration for sure!