Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dirt hunt

Justin wanted to take his tractors and find a good dirt pile. We went to a lot a few block away that was just excavated for a basement. It was like discovering gold...the mounds of dirt were huge and plentiful. To add to the excitement, there were a couple of tractors completing some work. We planted ourselves in the dirt, watched the tractors, and played with our own.

I had to laugh at the look of us on our ride home. Literally, we looked like ghosts. Max was covered with dirt from head to foot, inside and out (he ate a good portion of the dirt). He is actually wearing dark blue jeans and dk blue sandals.

This was one of those fun yet productive days. I actually felt like I accomplished something. We (the boys and I) made bread and granola, changed all the sheets on the beds, gave Justin his first official art lesson (FUN!), shopped a clearance sale at ShopKo for school supplies and next year's clothes for Justin, and played in the dirt. If only all days could be like unto this one!

2 comments:

Kari said...

JaNae, it took me this long to read through your whole blog. I laughed, I cried, I developed car envy. Your boys are so cute and I'm sorry for your loss! Thank you for inviting me to read it. You also reminded me to enjoy my children more. Life had been a little overwhelming and I realized I had lost my sense of humor.

Joanna said...

Another favorite picture of Max!!!