Friday, November 14, 2008

Golden Dragon Chinese Acrobats

This morning we went to the Golden Dragon Chinese Acrobats performance. WOW! It was SPECTACULAR! I am always a little anxious to take Max to these types of events, but once again, he LOVED it. Part of the time he sat in my lap and tried to imitate a lot of their moves. It was hilarious.
This was my favorite part of the show. This picture only shows ONE man going through, but they often had several going through at the same time doing all sorts of flips and leaps. Absolutely amazing.


This was Justin's favorite part of the performance. This is not a ladder, but several chairs carefully stacked on each other. Can you believe this????

Max absolutely LOVED the bicycle ride!

We were all totally amazed with the way these performers could manipulate and control their bodies. Their endurance and strength is insurmountable. It was absolutely incredible... and inspiring. I add that because since we've been home after this performance, Justin and Max have been jumping off our train table onto a bunch of mats. I love it!

Here is a picture of Max sitting next to Justin in the seat, which is where he wanted to sit for a good majority of the show. Justin is so good with Max, and Max LOVES to do EVERYthING Justin does. They are 2 peas in a pod!

4 comments:

Maxine said...

You are right Justin, these guys are amazing. And the chair one you told me about is unbelieveable, no wonder it was one of your favorites. Would lOVED to have been there with you!!

Mika said...

I have heard about them, and wow, after seeing the photos I hope they come our way soon! What a great experience to be able to share with your boys. Glad that they loved it!

FamiLee said...

Wow! I think that looks like the coolest event ever! Fun! You guys are so cultured!

missy said...

We've had a similar (maybe even the same) Acrobat troupe come to EIU 2 or 3 times in the past few years. The kids have loved it each time. Me? I'm very impressed, but worried the boys might come home and start stacking chairs. I'm always quick with the "Do not try this at home" disclaimer when I see the little wheels in their heads start spinning. Ha!