Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Our new President - Barack Obama


Today has been such an emotional day. After standing in line for 2 hours to vote, I finally made it to the voting booth. As soon as I opened my ballot I was overwhelmed with such strong emotion and the feeling that this was a very important election. I was grateful to be able to cast my vote and make my stand--and for some reason today it felt like such a privilege! I love our country and the principles it was founded on. We have been so blessed!

This afternoon, I asked Justin who he wanted for President. His answer made me laugh. He said, "I definitely don't want Obama. I mean, he wants to teach the whole world to sing!" I'm still laughing about that one! I'm still not sure what he has against the world learning to sing???

Much to Justin's dismay, Barrack Obama was elected as President of the United States. I find myself still so emotionally charged, yet absolutely speechless on this victory. I want to be optimistic and hopeful with the changes I know are to come to our country under Obama's direction. Right now however, I can only muster up concern.

I am VERY greatful for the solid and unchanging foundation I have in the gospel of Jesus Christ. How wonderful it is to be amist such turmoil and feel such peace and assurance and HOPE!

2 comments:

melanie said...

you have echoed nicely what I have been thinking also...

missy said...

You have a way with words. I've learned from the Democrats over the past several years how NOT to treat a president. But I also have reservations. I do believe that Obama will change things. But I'm not sure they are the things that need to change. As Elder Perry quoted in Conference, "The best is yet to be." So I'll muster up my faith and look to the future with hope...and hope that this nagging feeling in my stomach will go away!