Monday, November 24, 2008

Homemade Doughnuts

I had to laugh at our doughnut Night. Justin was in charge of refreshments for FHE. He seriously informed me that he has NEVER had a doughnut in his WHOLE life, and expressed his desire to make them for FHE.

So I went to the internet and googled "Homemade doughnuts" and clicked on the first recipe titled "Quick and Delicious home made doughnuts." Sounded like a winner to me. The ingredients were as follows: can of pop open biscuits, oil. HMMM. So this is what homemade means now...cool! I laughed right out loud, and proceeded to make my own recipe. I basically just used my own whole wheat biscuit recipe and sweetened it a little more. WOW...they were yummy! A Huge hit!

3 comments:

Jo Romero said...

They look divine!

Mika said...

That's too funny! I just posted about donuts too! We have a little donut maker that makes cake like donuts that you don't fry. I have yet to use it, but I was just thinking about doing so!

It looks like your recipe turned out well though, and they sound healthy and yummy!

sixmoores said...

My mom always made whole wheat donuts on Sunday with us when we were little. They were always yummy and we made them last summer with my kids. Very fun.