Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanks Giving at Grandma's House

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Justin came out this morning and said, "Here's your turkey!"
This season Justin has been very concerned about the turkeys. He told me, "Mom, there's one thing I DON'T like about Thanksgiving... Everyone is going to kill a turkey for no other reason than to EAT IT. I don't get it. I don't even like turkey!" But he was able to get past the turkey and enjoy everything else!

We always love spending Thanksgiving with family, and it seems quite often we have been fortunate enough to spend it at my mom's house.

A couple of things that always show up for dinner are...
the "Pineapple Turkey" and the turkey napkins...fun memories that have been apart of my Thanksgivings for a very long time! (We didn't always have this particular creation with the napkins, but we always created something with them!) I love the simple yet memorable traditions!

Grandma began the event by telling the "5 pieces of corn" story from the first meager Thanksgiving (Which I will insert when I get it from her) while everyone ate the 5 pieces of candy corn on their plate (the appetizer as well as the symbol for the story).

Then the feast began! This year we had everyone one except for Roger and family who are in North Carolina, and Char's family in Washington (Boo hoo...we missed them!) We fortunate to have Geoff's mom, Joanna join us as well.
The meal was scrumptious (as it always is) which included...turkey, potatoes, yams, corn, stuffing, shrimp, all kinds of cranberry sauce, marshmallow cranberry salad, green salad, rolls and then...
pies! pies! pies!
Apple, pumpkin, peach, cherry cream, & cheesecake.
After the feast came the festivities. For some reason the boys ended up playing together with many of the little kids playing Blokus (one of my favorite games)...
...and the girls played a card game called "Sneak." After we played Scum (of which--for the record--I was Queen or in this scenario "Santa Claus" the entire game)...I love playing scum!


A little Piano time

Cousins...
Brinley, Justin Lincoln, Abraham, Sammy
Maddy, Kailey
Charley, Jentry, Max, MaKayla, and Katlyn
We love being together!
Thanks Grandma and everyone!

1 comment:

Larin Cummings said...

JaNae you are such an inspiration to me! I LOVE reading your blog. Thank you for your example. I'm going to do some of those adorable crafts with the kids tomorrow:)