Thursday, April 17, 2008

Out with the Guys

So Justin and I got kicked out of the house this week so JaNae could host her "sister's week". Here is a brief travelog.

DAY 1 -WED - the target was to leave the house by 2pm so at about 6:45pm we pulled out of the driveway and headed southwest - toward CA. We ended up somewhere near Winnemucca, NV and Justin was sound asleep in the back so at about 11pm I pulled off the road in the middle of nowhere and hopped in the back to go to sleep. While settling in I heard a noise that startled me and realized a herd of cows was 20 yards from our car - still slept ok except it was below freezing so we had to do some warm up exercises in the morning.

DAY 2 - THURS - left the middle of nowhere and got to Winnemucca (which is the middle of somewhere) to have breakfast. Unfortunately the only place open was McD's but they had a great playground which Justin loved. He skipped his breakfast burrito to go down the big slides and I renewed my vows from 5 years ago that I would never set foot in that place again while I scarfed down both breakfasts.
Onward to CA.

2 comments:

JaNae said...

There must have been a blue moon!

Joanna said...

In addition to your plush accommodations, gourmet meals all along the way. Such a trip.