Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ouch, my arm hurts!

So JaNae has requested that I officially enter the blogging profession by blogging once a week and so I begin... although she may still need to give me some regular direction and encouragement since our conversations usually go something like this,

"Geoff, you should add to the blog"

"So what the heck am a supposed to write?!" says I.

"Just whatever is interesting in your life or what you think and feel..."

"I sit there and can't think of anything... I could write what we had for lunch but you've already got that covered."

And so it goes. At any rate I figure this will stretch me a little and I guess I have nothing to hide since my life is online anyhow. But I do have one caveat... guys are only issued so many words per day and the same applies to blogging. I may have all intent and desire to post a blog but I may have run out of my daily quota of words.

Geoff

2 comments:

Mike said...

The daily allotment of words for Geoff is definitely something I've experienced. The summer after my junior year of college I ask him to accompany me on the 22 hour drive to Wisconsin. The day we left he said:

"Mike, I'm not going to talk to you today. I don't want to run out of things to say while we drive."

Still makes me smile :)

Geoff said...

Mike, do the math. 22 hrs would only allow about 120 words per hour. I would hate to be cut short if I was saying something important.

And by the way I never said that... I wouldn't have wasted the words.