Monday, April 7, 2008

Pillsbury Dough Boy creates a new recipe

Max is going through a very independent stage right now. He has mastered a very good fake cry and laugh and uses both amazingly well to his advantage. He also talks (squeals and grunts) and uses hand gestures quite expressively. Although he doesn't know how to say the words, he always makes his thoughts and desires quite clear.

Tonight, I had made Pizza dough and rolled it onto the pizza pan, and was ready to put it into the oven. Max told me very clearly in his special baby verbiage and hand language that he wanted to make a pizza too. Not wanting my pizza destroyed, I put mine in the oven and made another little batch for Max. He stirred it up, smashed it with his hand, stomped on it with his shoes, put it on his head, threw it in the sink and on the kitchen floor, ate a bit here and spit on a bit there, and walla...his pizza was ready to cook. You can find his recipe in my culinary creations!

2 comments:

Nielsen Family said...

JaNae, you are such a great mom! I wouldn't have let my boys be so creative in the kitchen. I appreciate your lightheartedness and sweet encouragement for expression!

Joanna said...

Can't wait to turn Max loose in my kitchen on your next visit and sample his pizza dough. Mmmm.