Saturday, May 17, 2008

Beauty and THE BEAST

Here is "Beauty" my much loved Acura MDX that we've gratefully and happily driven for the last 5 years. We are selling her, and last Thursday bought her replacement...
THE BEAST... a 2000 Ford Excursion, diesel.
I've been mourning the idea of giving up my BEAUTY because I've really loved the MDX. But crazy as it is, I really like the BEAST. Why such a trade? Well, this truck, like Sophie, will run on Bio Diesel fuel that we make, and has the capacity to run on recycled veggie oil. No more gasoline for this family...yipee!!! The best part is, that since the market for diesel vehicles is so bad right now, we bought it for a GREAT price. The sale of the Acura will most likely pay for Sophie, this excursion and our investment in the Bio fuel machine. YEA! I can imagine this is what garage sale seekers feel when they make a great find.

We may not have a home, but at least we have a vehicle we can all sleep in!

2 comments:

sixmoores said...

I remember how much you love your car. Hopefully this new one will work out well...no gas. Yeah!

Maxine said...

Looks like the Beast has alot more room in the back to pack your "food" and "kids" for the fun picnics!!