Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother - A Mother's Day Tribute

As soon as I woke up, I wanted to talk to my "moms" both of whom I love dearly. Today I pay special tribute to the Mom that raised me...my dear DEAR mother.

All my life growing up, I dreamed of being a mother and having children of my own. Not only was I taught that this is the most noble of all callings in life, but I felt it because my mother loved being a mom and dedicated her life to magnifying that calling. I had a happy and memorable childhood and have wonderful memories of my mother.

Simple, yet profound, one of my favorite memories is talking with my mom one afternoon, me sitting on top of the dryer while mom folded the clothes. I had concern. We talked for quite a while (there were a lot of dirty clothes, or maybe she just folded them a little slower this time) and how quickly my big concern was resolved as I sat near my mom encompassed in her love and wisdom.

My mom is so REAL. Every word she speaks is sincere. All of my friends growing up loved to spend time at my home. My mom was MOM to all. She loves everyone, and everyone loves her. To this day, throngs of people totally unrelated to me walk freely into her home with a hug and , "Hi mom!" Her love and friendship is unconditional and never ending.

How do I describe my mom now? Loyal, stalwart and unmovable to everything good and right, wise, true, tenacious, humble, understanding, sincere, encouraging, noble, beautiful, wonderful...one of my dearest and most cherished friends.

During my most difficult trials, my mom has been right by my side. She has had an amazing ability to understand the aches of my heart and to bring comfort to my soul. I KNOW the Lord gave me my mother so I could endure the passing of my two little boys. I couldn't have made it without her. My triumphs have been hers, and she continually encourages me toward heaven's end.

I know God loves me, because he delivered me into the arms of my beautiful mother.

Thank you, Mom. You gave me life. You showered me with love, and you have placed me firmly on my feet facing the SON. I couldn't be more grateful. I love you dearly.

3 comments:

Jo Romero said...

Ditto, except the part about the washing machine.

sixmoores said...

You do have an amazing mother!

Joanna said...

I too admire your mother so much, and since she brought YOU into the world and into OUR lives, she has become my dear friend. We share grandchildren too! How grateful I am for your dear mother!