Saturday, May 17, 2008

A Heart warming Report

Today, Justin went to Jake Majors birthday party. We've had many discussions about using moderation when eating outside of our home (especially when served things we don't normally eat, specifically in this setting...sugar.)

When I picked Justin up, Jake's mom, Tyla, told me that Justin asked her for just a small piece of chocolate cake (his favorite). He ate it with all the other kids. When the kids wanted seconds. Justin asked Tyla if there was something else he could eat, so she gave him trail mix. (Thanks Tyla!)

It's such a small thing in the way of sugar, and such a big thing in the way of self-discipline. I am glad Justin uses good judgment when he eats, but I am especially grateful that he is such a trustworthy boy. Even when it's hard, Justin always chooses to do what he knows is good and right. I am so grateful to have him as a son--he inspires me.

1 comment:

sixmoores said...

That's nice that you have taught him and that you can trust each other.