Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What a Day!

This morning I drove to Camp Cascade about an hour north of our house to speak at the annual Stake Young Women "Legacy Lives" event. This is something the stake puts on for all the graduating seniors. They spend two days up at this beautiful camp/lodge and have speakers, workshops & special activities. They asked me to speak on motherhood. I love assignments like this, as I love to be with the older girls and I love opportunities to share my testimony. It was a special morning for me. And look at this scenery! Oh....It was so BEAUTIFUL!
After fixing and eating lunch, and taking care of Max, we loaded up and went to Lynelle King's home. Lynelle is an amazing person, and I LOVED spending time with her today. She home schools her 8 children and she reminds me a lot of Eddie Gallagher. She has been a great and important mentor for me since I've entered the home schooling circuit and has been a GREAT friend!
When we got home, someone came by to look at our desk that we put on Craig's list to sell late last night. They bought the desk.
Justin then went with Geoff to drive the big Green truck, and Max and I went for a bike ride. Before long, it started to sprinkle and I thought, "How refreshing!" Then it started to really come down hard. I was completely soaked to the bone. Max of course was loving the nice, cozy dry ride and the sound of the rain as it landed on the trailer. As I headed home, it began to hail and really pelted me GOOD! I was so tired when I finally made it home, I could hardly stand up. Still, it was a great way to end the evening...I LOVE being out in the rain.

4 comments:

sixmoores said...

I am glad to see you still love the rain.

leilani said...

Nae,It always brightens my day to see your face!!!! you should include yourself in more pictures more often@! anyhow looks like life is fun and busy..miss ya..

Sandy Watson said...

You're the perfect person to talk to those girls about motherhood! What a great example you are to everyone.
Sandy

Joanna said...

Ditto!!!