Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Family Night (morning) Games

On Monday night for Family Night games we had planned to go to the Boise green belt to ride our bikes on the beautiful trail. But due to a sick and cranky Max, we postponed until this morning...and it was AWESOME!
Here are a few pictures of the beautiful scenery that the trail follows for over 40 miles. Of course, we only went around 10 of those miles. It was a good bike ride for Justin. He did great!

We stopped and had apples and my version of rice crispy treats (a work in progress recipe till I get it just right-but still yummy). The views were beautiful. On the trail we saw squirrels, a snake, a heron, and a wounded duck that some thoughtless person shot with an arrow. Geoff called for help & and we stayed until the trail experts came.

On the way back to our car, we stopped at the dirt bike tracks. Justin even dared a few hills. Geoff and Justin biked and Max and I ran all over.

Biking on trails like this makes me crave to be outdoors ALL THE TIME. Nature is so rejuvenating. This is a great trail. I hope we make it back before winter settles in. In a couple of weeks, the wild blackberries will be ripe and ready for picking!!

2 comments:

Mika said...

I will never understand people who harm animals for "fun".

It looks like a lovely bike trail though! Sounds like you are living in the ultimate outdoor lovers city. So much natural fun and beauty around you!

And the fact that you look so put together and pretty after biking (JaNae) makes me sick! :)

sixmoores said...

We are just at the end of our blackberries. So I could drive there and get more...sounds great to me. That trail looks so pretty and I love that Justin can go so far on his bike.