Thursday, September 25, 2008

Runny's Gardy Pames by Justin



I was talking to one of my dear friends a couple of months ago who told me that she loves to have her children/grandchildren give her gifts of poetry (either writing or reciting poems). She reminised how she and her children loved Shel Silverstein. So I immediately went home and pulled out my Silverstein collection and started perusing through the poems with Justin.

We've now read most of his poems, but have spent most of our time in his book Runny Babbit which Justin reads and rereads and rereads. He really loves Runny Babbit and as taken to talking "Runny Babbit" talk. He is getting quite good at it and quite clever with his dialogue. It usually takes me several minutes to figure out what he is saying.

My favorite poem is Runny's mancy Feal, and I've been wanting to memorize it; Well, without telling me, Justin memorized his favorite poem--Runny's Gardy Pames, the one on the video.

This Blog is Dedicated to Rod and Jan Degiulio. Happy Day....Justin's special gift to you! We love you!

4 comments:

Kris said...

My favorite parts are Justin's cute facial expressions and giggles. Great Job!

Mika said...

That is one of my favorite books by Shel. I love them all though, and used to memorize the poems. Such a cute video!

Jan DeGiulio said...

Justin,
What a wonderful job you did on the poem! I could tell you loved it and had fun leaning it. You are amazing!

JaNae, THANK YOU!
-Jan

missy said...

Oh I love Justin's voice and infectious laugh! So cute! And the gestures were great. Well done!