Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kris

Today is Kris Horton's birthday. A few days ago, my sister asked me to name a few of my hero's and it was so easy to quickly spout out Kris's name. I first knew of Kris because she is the wife of our then Stake President, Craig Horton (Another Hero!). For several months, I knew Kris by seeing her with her husband at church functions. Before ever meeting her, I admired her. She was always so happy and outgoing. You could tell by watching her that she sincerely cared about people. I loved watching these interactions. I especially loved watching her watch her husband. What a love affair her eyes told.

Then we met. After I taught an Enrichment class in Relief Society, Kris wanted to learn more. This is another amazing attribute that Kris has...she loves to learn, even from those whom she could easily teach (me!). Well, we became fast friends, and I have loved her dearly ever since.

These are SOME of the reasons I love her:
  • Kris loves life, and her enthusiasm is contagious!
  • Kris loves the gospel of Jesus Christ, and is one of the Savior's most devoted followers. She yearns to learn the gospel, and quickly applies it into her life. If something is GOOD, it is something she incorporates.
  • Kris is FUN! I'll never forget watching Kris dance to the Signing Times DVD with Max. She has such a wonderful sense of humor and loves to laugh.
  • Kris has favorites of everything and it is fun to give her gifts because you know what she loves.
  • Kris values health and well being and takes care of her self. She always looks pretty. Even when she shouldn't look good, she does.
  • Kris loves to read, and talk about her good reads.
  • Kris is grateful...for everything. She sees every miracle! She helped me to see a more beautiful world than I knew existed.
  • Kris is an amazing friend because she is a good listener. Yet, she knows when to talk, and speaks such love, empathy, encouragement and support--always.
  • I love Kris because she loves me, and it means so much! Kris will never really know how much her once a week calls every Wednesday morning mean to me.
God has blessed me by sending me many beautiful people into my life. He showered me with love when He put Kris in my life!

Happy Birthday Kris.... I love you!

1 comment:

Kris said...

Oh, JaNae!
Thank You from the bottom of my Feet for this beautiful tribute! Your generous view of me I Receive with the same love in which you wrote it.

Friendship is a precious gift, isn't it? God gave you to me, late in my lie, but at a time that I yearned for the very things you could teach me. You are my teacher and one of my dearest friends. When I counted the 56 plus Reasons to Rejoice YOU were ONE of them. I love you so...MUCH!
Thank you Again and Again!