Wednesday, March 5, 2008

3 Words of CLEAR communication

Max loves to be able to communicate. He currently knows three words of sign language which he uses all the time: more, milk, and down. In this first picture, he is signing more. Usually you would just bring the ends of your fingers together, but when Max wants more, he wants more and NOW, thus he claps his hands together with much vigor until he receives MORE of what he wants. Here, he is signing down (he wants to get down). It is SO NICE to know exactly what he wants!!
I wish I had a good picture of him signing milk, because it is so cute. You squeeze your palm as though you are milking a cow. Only when Max signs it, he is very hungry and desires to make it known and understood...so he squeezes his palms tightly together and holds his breath and tightens all of his muscles. Often he will precede this determined way of signing by clapping first as if to say, "More milk! More milk!"

He is so darn cute!

1 comment:

sixmoores said...

Not surprised you are teaching him to sign. I have thought of that with my little Lucy...I need to start watching signing time so I can or you can just come do it for me!