Thursday, March 20, 2008

Teething Madness

For the last 2-3 days Max has had a fever and has been drooling like a blood hound--Teething! I haven't been able to do a darn thing during this time as Max has wanted to be held every moment of every day and all night long!

Needless to say, Geoff and I didn't fare so well either. The scenario, although drastically different, had too many similarities to Oakley. While one of us stayed with Max throughout the night, the other stewed about him--then we switched places, and finally the sun would appear to announce another day without any sleep.

But we are recovered now, and can say with much gratitude that Max has endured his fever and is back to his normal happy self.
Justin was a GEM through it all. On Tuesday after spending the entire morning with Max, I went downstairs to see what he was up to. It was 1pm and we hadn't done any schooling. I told Justin he was going to have to do school by himself and went back to tend to Max. At dinner time Justin, showed me his work --he did all 8 subjects superbly. In fact, I think he did better without my help! He is such a GOOD GOOD boy. He always comes to the rescue when we need him too. I love him so much!

2 comments:

sixmoores said...

We have had a sick Lucy too and little sleep. Yikes! I need my sleep or I am not so happy.

Joanna said...

I am very very VERY happy that Max is back to his cheery self. I do NOT LIKE it at all when any of your family has fevers or any other symptoms of SICK! I'm sure everyone shares my thoughts. No more fevers, if you please, Mr. Max!
Justin, I am so impressed that you took the initiative to be your own school teacher, and an excellent one at that! All eight subjects too. Wow! What a guy - I miss you!