Sunday, February 17, 2008

A Christ Centered home

Geoff and I gave talks in Sacrament Meeting. Our topic was Having a Christ-Centered Home. Last night, Geoff asked Justin what he thought a 'Christ-centered' home is. Justin replied, "I have NO IDEA!" I guess we have a little more work to do!

Despite the fact that we were giving talks, this sacrament Meeting was the most relaxing meeting Geoff and I have had for a long time since the McCauley's accepted the challenge of watching the boys for us!!! Justin was his usual angel self, and Max gave them a run (literally) for their money. Although they did amazing well with our little terror, I doubt they'll volunteer for the job in the future!

Geoff also played the organ for the first time in this ward. ALWAYS, when Geoff plays the organ, he receives MANY compliments. Geoff has a very natural ability to make the hymns (and the congregation!) come alive when he plays. Delos Price, and elderly gentleman who used to sit behind us in the 1st ward would always say to me when Geoff played the organ, "Well, the cobwebs have been cleaned out of the organ!" Today, since I was on the stand, I heard the chorister whisper to the Bishop, "He's a keeper!" I wouldn't be surprised if Geoff received an organ calling soon.

1 comment:

Valerie McCauley said...

In all honesty, we loved having your boys sit with us. I didn't know Justin was next to me, he was so reverent, and as long as we kept food going into Max's mouth at a consistent rate....all was well.