Saturday, February 9, 2008

Worldwide Leadership Training

Worldwide Leadership Training this morning was encouraging, inspiring, wonderful. It filled me with gratitude to be led by such an inspired group of leaders, especially our new prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

Theme...Raising a Righteous posterity. ...Love is what you go through together. Do not deny the Lord the opportunity to bless you...when you obey, he will bless! We cannot live in fear. Live the gospel, summon faith & move forward. Perfect LOVE casteth out all fear. Reclaim the JOY of honoring the Sabbath day as a family.
From President Thomas S. Monson...
CREATE a HAVEN of HAPPINESS ...
1. Develop a pattern of prayer 2. incorporate a LIBRARY of LEARNING 3. Create a LEGACY of LOVE.

(After hearing the advice to incorporate a library of learning, and to have and read good books, I immediately made plans to put my amazon "wish list" into the shopping cart...YES!!! Then Geoff reminded me that the prophets have also counseled us to live within our means. DARN!!!! I was SO CLOSE to being able to rationalize the fulfillment of my wildest book buying dreams!!!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh - I am right there with you on the book buying thing! Someday... but at least till then I can always borrow!