Friday, February 1, 2008

Lemon wraps & horseradish poultices


Valerie McCauley and I went to a class today taught by a medical doctor, Dr. Hyke, who strongly encourages natural remedies. She taught us how to heal often occuring illnesses with common household items. We talked about clearing sinuses, bronchitis and/or chest congestion, headaches, fever, etc. We learned how to make lemon foot wraps, horseradish & garlic compresses, a mustard wash, and an an onion compress. It was very interesting. I've read about these methods many times, but have never used them because they were unfamiliar to me. Now that I've seen and experienced them, I'm hoping to find someone who ails that I can experiment on!
This is a picture of Valerie & Brian McCauley & their cute family: Clark, Meg, & Emily. Valerie is a Kindred Spirit. We have SO MUCH in common and are passionate about the same things. Not only is she an incredible person in the Gospel, but she is just so much fun to be around. She is a large reason why I feel at home here in Idaho. I love her!

No comments: