Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stopping by the Woods On a Snowy Evening

We love spending time at Nanna's house. Justin and Joanna have quite a lot in common, one of which is ART. Almost as soon as we arrived, Justin went to work at Nanna's art desk. I think just being here inspires him.

This was his first drawing. It is his representation of the poem we read together in school yesterday by Robert Frost, Stopping by the Woods On a Snowy Evening.
Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little house must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The Woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

One of my favorite poets - illustrated by one of my favorite artists!!!