Monday, February 11, 2008

Family Night on the streets and compost lessons

Geoff continues his 'WaterWISE Landscaping series' at the Boise Library. Tonight the topic was composting and soil improvement. He has LOVED these classes and has really learned a lot.

Justin, Max and I joined the DeMordant's for Family Night. The lesson was service, and we did it. We passed out flyers throughout the Island Woods Development for the upcoming Valentine food drive. My team consisted of myself and 4 little "BIG" boys...Max in the stroller, Justin on his scooter, and Matthew (6) and NaeNae (4) on foot, and amazingly enough we were able to cover quite a bit of ground. Of course some of the flyers never made it to the front door since Matthew "liked the way they looked on the driveways", NaeNae creatively put them in various places such as the mailboxes, bushes, and under the cars, and Justin had a difficult time separating them with gloves on. By FAR, I had the most effective team, I'm sure! It was a great evening!

We sure love spending time with the DeMordaunts.

1 comment:

sixmoores said...

I love this service idea because the kids can all do it...way to go.