Thursday, February 21, 2008

Max...the Garbage Monster

With each new day, as sure as the rising sun, Max makes a new discovery that makes my life ...well lets see, what is the right word...crazy, exciting, spontaneous, and VERY MESSY! Today, he discovered the trash can. He loved decorating the floor with the slimy green kiwi peels, and removed an old apple core which he apparently felt had more edible meat on it!

Yesterday he discovered the toilet bowl scrubber and plunger (eww!) and before that the grains in my pantry. Like an overpaid detective, he thoroughly checks for and finds any and every open lid and pours out the contents.

Today, while we were at Lynelle King's home, I heard Justin yell out from her kitchen, "Mom, I know who's been in here!" When I came to see what he was speaking of, I found her floor covered with potting soil...Max's ALL TIME FAVORITE! In fact this was his second potting soil adventure today, as he did the same thing at the Library. The very second I put Max down in the Library, he runs toward a potted tree by the door, where he quickly unloads as much potting soil as he can before I can come to the rescue.

What a guy! To think, he started walking at nine months!

1 comment:

sixmoores said...

I have had to move my garbage into the pantry because Lucy loves to go through it and eat anything and everything. SCARY. I don't really enjoy the garbage phase. By the way I tried beans w/Lucy when I read you giving your son beans. She won't even touch them at all. So sad because I love them.